In the last few months, I have come so far health wise. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean I’m not still prone to flare ups and struggles. I’m currently in the middle of a, particularly bad one.
When my body is starting to fall apart a little bit, I make sure to up my intake of super foods. They’re such a great way to support your system. And they taste super yummy, so I never feel like it’s a chore to add them to my meals!
So, with a body that is shutting down, I decided to create a gorgeous bowl of antioxidant goodness to help cheer me up. The wonderful Ekaterina from Organic Burst was kind enough to send me their Açai to try, so I built a scrummy bowl around this powerful super food. I’m a huge fan of Organic Burst products (I’ll be writing a review of them soon), and I always start my day with their spirulina and chlorella tablets to make sure I give my body the vital vitamins and minerals it needs to heal.
Açai is an Amazonian berry that contains both water and fat soluble antioxidants for the best possible protection against oxidative stress. It has one of the highest antioxidant levels of all fruit and vegetables – up to 8 x more than blueberries, 3 x more than goji berries and 30 x that of red wine. Amazing, no?!
- 6 Organic Burst Açai capsules
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 heaped tsp Organic Burst Maca
- 1 heaped tsp Organic Burst Baobab
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 Medjool dates
- Enough filtered water to blend
- Open up all of the capsules to get the açai stored inside. Add this to a blender with all the other ingredients, add enough filtered water for it blend, and whizz all the ingredients together. This makes a gorgeously thick smoothie bowl.
- Top with your favorite fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds.