I think it’s becoming quite obvious that I have an obsession with all things banana. I just can’t get enough of them. Thankfully, there are tonnes of health benefits! Not only are they high in pectin (which helps with digestion), they’re high in fiber, packed with potassium, and have high levels of tryptophan which helps combat depression and low moods!
Although my body does best on juice for breakfast, I’ve recently got into the habit of eating something substantial, and I can’t go back. And oats are definitely the way to go.
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup filtered water (you can use nut milk if you prefer)
- 1/2 small banana, mashed
- 1 tsp homemade almond butter
- 1/4-1/2 tsp raw vanilla powder
- 1 tsp Organic Burst maca
- Pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Bring your water to a rolling boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the oats and reduce to a simmer.
- Allow most of the water to absorb. Then add the mashed banana, stir, and allow to simmer for a couple more minutes until thick and fluffy.
- Stir in the almond butter, maca, and vanilla powder. You may wish to add a pinch more salt. Or that could just be me. I’m a salt addict!
- Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings! I always add an extra banana, almond butter, and berries!